Total Pageviews

Monday 1 August 2011

Comet/2009 P1 ( Garradd )

Comet Alert
Got to see this Comet early this morning once again-its now up from the Star Enif and closing with M15 Globular Cluster-not sure when the Comet will be at its closest to this Cluster but the Ephemeris say 2nd to the 3rd August (Tuesday into Wednesday Morning-good CCD opportunity etc) and in my opinion it is brightning and has done so since I last Observed this Comet on 25/7 when I first picked this Comet out.

Under good dark clear skies its now reasonably visible with mounted 20x60 Binoculars and I'm sure lower powered Binoculars will finally start showing this Comet up-I would say its roughly around the Brightness of the Crab nebula which is magnitude 8.4 so I would possibly put this Comet at Magnitude 8.5 right now in my opinion-GCS.... Very Happy


--
Good Clear Skies
--
Astrocomet
--
Colin James Watling
--
Various Voluntary work-Litter Picking for Parish Council (Daytime) and also a friend of Kessingland Beach (Watchman)
--
--
Real Astronomer and head of the Comet section for LYRA (Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth Regional Astronomers) also head of K.A.G (Kessingland Astronomy Group) and Navigator (Astrogator) of the Stars (Fieldwork)
--
Information -- More Info -- And More Info


No comments: